Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#prayforjapan


The title said it all. I pray for Japan.

As I laid beside my babygirl last night; it got me thinking. What if a tsunami happened, and me and my family are stuck in the middle of it? What if I don't have the power to protect my wifey and my babygirl? It saddened me; truly.

Maybe this is how Anakin felt when he lost his dear mother. A feeling of hopeless, and despair .. because he could not prevent her death. So I don't blame him .. for being human. I cannot imagine how the fathers in the northern Japan must've felt when they cannot protect their love ones.

A question of 'What if' is kinda stupid and out of place considering what has already happened in Banda Aceh a few years ago. But I have to admit, at that time; Aceh seemed like a distant place. Jakarta went on as it use to everyday. I did some charity; but I cannot stop thinking 'why I did not do more for them'.

Now I heard a lot of very encouraging news from Japan. People helping each other. People offering help to their fellow citizen. People who open their house for people who are stranded in the street. They did not rush and clear out all of the food in the market thinking that they should share it with the other. They queue with a discipline that I rarely see with my people. How come? how come Japanese can be such a caring people? considering what they did to us during World War II! They should be warmongering, blood lusted scum. But what I heard these past few days shows that Japanese is a highly discipline and kind people.

Strange. Is it because of honor? discipline? high education? Do people really have the capacity to be that good? Well .. if you see my country (especially the government), the answer will be a big NO. We are so captivated by our own needs, that we are probably be willing to sacrifice other people. Sad right?

I pray for Japan. I pray for my fellow earthlings. No race, religion, nationality should border us.

No comments: